HOW TO USE a shampoo bar – the mixtress’ personal tips
1. – thoroughly saturate hair… to sopping, soaking wet. i find the wetter the hair, the easier for lather to distribute.
2. – section hair sloppily and rub the poo bar on your scalp. alternate lathering method: rub the bar into a lather in your hands and then apply the lather directly.
3. -put poo bar down and use hands to work into a lather. be gentle, keeping the hair lather concentrated on your scalp at this time.
4. – DO NOT do that ‘shampoo commercial’ thing and make one big pile of sudsy hair on top of your head. if your hair is highly textured, coily, or curly, this can be a recipe for intense tangling!
5. – instead, maintain your sloppy sections and slowly work the lather around the scalp and out/down to the ends of your hair. use your fingers – not your nails – to massage your scalp firmly.
rinse well. again using the pads of your fingers on your scalp.
6. – all done washing! this point is a great time to add conditioner and detangle.
*bonus* – storage tip: i usually cut my poo bars into sections. not tiny crumblish sections, but halves, thirds, or even quarters. you know how in the shower, a bar of soap will just disintegrate if it’s wet all the time? by cutting into sections and storing the unused portions somewhere other than your humid shower (like a drawer or your medicine cabinet) the rest of the bar stays dry and the whole bar lasts much longer.